Kelkoo has pulled together a check list of helpful Hints and Tips to maximise your listings potential and conversion.
Don’t let your competitors get the upper hand – have a quick check below to see if you can improve your listings, drive more consumers to your site and increase your sales conversions.
Push Your Brand
- Provide a clear company logo: For your personalised store information page and also for display against each offer, logos are resized to 80×24 on Kelkoo.
- Provide a brief description of your site: For your store information page and any relevant details about payment or returns policies etc (that are displayed on the store information page).
- Include an image for each of your offers
- Images must relate to the product on offer: Do not use an advert or company logo, as consumers are known to stay away from such listings. Not all consumers read the descriptions of offers and are more interested in seeing a good image. This can also appear more professional.
- Do not include a “no image” image or generic image: If an image of the offer is unavailable, Kelkoo will add its own default images for offers.
- Images must be sharp and not blurry: Consumers will have more faith in merchants that provide clear images.
- Images should be on white background: Where possible, try to ensure the offer images are on a white background. Products tend to stand out more on the Kelkoo site when on a white background.
- Images should not have borders: Kelkoo adds its own style borders around images and resizes images. Therefore, if you add borders, you will have less space to display online the product on offer.
- Images to have correct URL/location: In some cases, Kelkoo shows a “no image available” message because the location of the image is incorrectly added.
- Offers must be deep-linked to actual product on your site: Don’t link to your home page. Consumers come to the Kelkoo site to review products and to compare the prices and features of a wide range of products.
- Ensure the correct URL and hyperlinks are used: Consumers become frustrated when they have been sent to an incorrect product or if the hyperlink is broken.
Title and Descriptions
- Limit the use of capital letters: It may stand out but it looks unprofessional and can be seen as a sign that you are shouting aggressively!
- Maximise the character space in both titles and descriptions – Do not use unnecessary characters or wording.
- Use the correct available fields: Delivery Message, Warranty etc have their own fields – Please fill them and not just the title and description.
- Include Warranty information: Do this even if its the default one year manufacturer warranty – no
t everyone in the UK is aware that all electrical equipment comes with one year manufacturer warranty and consumers want to feel they have this security.
- Include delivery costs, stock availability and timings: Consumers want to know if it’s in stock but also how much the delivery is going to be and how long they could expect to wait. “Check site for delivery costs” doesn’t help when looking to improve conversions to sale.
- Include product name, colour, model number etc in the title: Think about how a consumer would search for the product.
- Use the description field wisely: Describe the offer clearly in the form of a sentence, not a list of keywords. Avoid repetition and do not use unnecessary characters or wording.
- Consumers want to know that shopping with you is going to be safe
Check out the IMRG web site and get ISIS approved. ISIS (Internet Shopping is Safe) is run by the e-retail industry body, IMRG and backed by the UK Government – http://www.imrg.org.
Review technical specifications: Make sure you categorise your offers correctly for the Kelkoo site as they may have changed since you submitted your feed. For more technical information, please visit our feed support page.
Give us your feedback
We welcome your feedback on what you’d like improved on Kelkoo.